‘Sunrise’, a major award winner movie is released on NETFLIX
One of the few scripts of the films produced from India to be archived at the library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Sunrise is a drama film directed and written by Partho Sen-Gupta , released in 2014 internationally. Sunrise just released in India on NETFLIX on March 15th, 2017. It tells the story of a police officer, played excellently by Adil Hussain as Inspector Lakshman Joshi , a grieving father, searching for his daughter Aruna, who was kidnapped years ago at the age of six and is hell-bent on settling the scores with the abductor. Along with Sunrise the other Adil Hussain Starrer ‘Parched’ film’s script to be archived at the library of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Sunrise , whose production and technical team are Franco-Indian, is screened at numerous international festivals where it is awarded several times at Amsterdam, Durban and Munich Film Festivals.
SUNRISE Festival selections & Awards
- Busan International Film Festival October 2014 (International Premiere in New Currents Competition)
- Mumbai Film Festival (MAMI) 2014 (Indian Gold Competition)
- Dharamshala International Film Festival 2014
- The International Film Festival and Forumon Human Rights, Geneva-Feb 2015 (Competition)
- Vilnius International Film Festival, Lithuania (Discovery section)
- Beaune Thriller Film Festival, France (Young Blood Competition)
- Tribeca Film Festival, New York – April 2015 (View points section)
- Stuttgart Indian Film Festival, Germany
- Roffa Mon Amour, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Sydney Film Festival
- Melbourne International Film Festival
- Melbourne Indian Film festival
- Fantasia Film Festival, Montreal (World Cinema)
- L’Ètrange Film Festival, Paris (Mondovision section)
- Milano Film Festival (Competition)
- Love & Anarchy – Helsinki International Film Festival (World Cinema)
- Indian Film Festival of Hague, Netherlands
- International Fantastic Film Festival of Catalonia, Sitges (Noves Visions Competition)
- BFI London Film Festival (Dare Strand)
- Nominated ‘Best Cinematography’ Asia-Pacific Screen Academy Awards
Here’s the trailer link to SUNRISE https://youtu.be/EoijrIie6tQ
“Sunrise”, directed by Partho Sen-Gupta, is the story of Inspector Joshi in his despair, life converges with a recurring dream in which Joshi pursues a shadowy figure who leads him to ‘Paradise’, a night-club where teenage girls dance to a leering crowd. He is convinced he will find Aruna there and vows to bring her back to Leela, his broken wife.
The life of Lakshman Joshi, a policeman in Mumbai, has been shattered since his daughter was kidnapped ten years earlier. While his wife sinks into denial and continues to tell stories to their child, he tracks down the slightest clue that could put him on the track of the kidnappers.A recurring dream leads him to think that a serious track is at the Paradise, a night bar where young teenagers dance before an audience of libidinous adults.